Miramontes Books – Mission Statement:
Part of the Miramontes Books’ mission is to encourage reading and academic development. Our desired goal is simple: to create entertaining and fun book adventures that parents will enjoy sharing with young readers. These stories are meant to be fun, interactive and engaging. We hope to inspire young children and their parents to become lifelong readers and partners in these adventures, and always encourage our youths to make the right choices.
Last year we visited over (50) schools, and spoke to nearly 30,000 students, teachers and educators. I want to challenge the membership to continue the message of reading and academic development, and potentially get each chapter to purchase a small quantity of books, go to their local schools in need, and donate back to them on the NLPOA behalf. Those chapters that provide the most enthusiasm and activity would get an “Author visit/author book signing” (from myself and my son) – to conduct a presentation to a local elementary school, or community function – at our expense. Our presentations consist of the following:
- Author/Illustrator backgrounds.
- Emphasize the importance of creativity and imagination, as well working hard to be the best you can be. Examples of what hard work can do for you, role modeling and “not giving up on oneself”.
- Student interaction with a drawing demonstration (Kids love this!)
- Explain how “a story becomes a book”…
- Conduct a reading of our book.
- Question/Answer Session
- Part of the proceeds from the sale of the book would go back to the NLPOA for their Youth and Community Programs.
Please visit our website at www.miramontesbooks.com for more information.